DuPage Peace Through Justice Coalition
Points of Unity
- We condemn the attacks of September 11, 2001.
- We mourn the victims of the attacks and victims of violence
- We stand in defense of civil liberties for all peoples.
- We oppose discrimination, violence, and oppression based on
race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or gender.
- We oppose a military response to terrorism because such a
- only cause further death and destruction.
- destabilize countries and cause broad social dislocation.
- create and widen divides between the United States and other
- sow the seeds of future terrorism.
- not make us or anyone in the world safer.
- Because we believe terrorism is a global rather than merely a
- we oppose unilateral actions.
- we propose that the perpetrators be brought to justice
through established principles of international law.
- we call for a public examination of the ways in which the
United States government, the International Monetary Fund, the
World Bank, and the World Trade Organization contribute to
global violence. We further call for the elimination of those
political, social, and economic policies which contribute to
- we support participation in and development of the United
- We seek world peace through social and economic justice.